Search This Blog

Sunday 20 March 2011

A.J. Cook Biography|A.J. Cook Biodata

A.J. Biography|A.J. Biodata

Date of Birth
22 July 1978, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Birth Name
Andrea Joy Cook

Nickname
Dre

Height
5' 6½" (1.69 m)

Mini Biography

Born on July 22, 1978, in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, to Mike and Sandra Cook, Andrea Joy Cook is one of the rising young stars in Hollywood today. Though she didn't begin acting until age 17, Miss Cook has appeared in nearly a dozen films and several TV shows before the age of twenty-five. Before taking up acting, she was a dancer, having started dancing competitively at age 4 in the styles of tap, jazz, and ballet. Her first big role came in the 1999 film The Virgin Suicides (1999), directed by Sofia Coppola. Later that year she landed the role of Shelby Merrick in the TV series "Higher Ground" (2000), which also starred her good friend and fellow Canadian Jewel Staite.
IMDb Mini Biography By: Zootipantz

Spouse
Nathan Anderson (September 2001 - present) 1 child

Trivia

Was first "Higher Ground" (2000) cast member to know of Hayden Christensen's winning the role of "Anakin Skywalker".

Met her husband in film class at UVSC

Her father, Mike, is a teacher and her mother, Sandra, works for a psychiatrist.

Before she got into acting, she was a competitive dancer and taught dance back home in Oshawa

Didn't begin acting until she was 17 years old

Her first acting job was in a McDonald's commercial in 1997

Is good friends with fellow "Higher Ground" (2000) cast mate, Jewel Staite.

She has three siblings, Nathan, Paul and Angela.

Expecting her first child in late September/early October 2008.

AJ and her husband, Nathan Anderson, welcomed baby boy, Mekhai Allan Anderson, September 13, 2008. He weighed 7 lbs, 10 oz and was 20 inches long.

Personal Quotes

I am just your everyday, average girl. I live by the beach. I wear flip flops. I don't wear make-up. I go to the gym. My husband and I are just really laid back people.

"I have some amazing fans! They're just so dedicated and so nice and so sweet. I'm like no one and I'm just starting out and these people appreciate your work and it's nice to hear that." - on her fans

It's challenging in the way that it's a lot of work, I'm very busy. It's challenging in a way that it's a sequel and I feel I got big shoes to fill. I wasn't at all affiliated with the first one and it was very successful and I'm just kind of afraid that people will get to the theatre and say: "Who's this girl? She wasn't in the first one!" So that pressure is there and in that sense...it has been difficult (On her role in Final Destination 2 (2003)).

Where Are They Now

(August 2003) Filming "Tru Calling" (2003) in Canada.

(March 2008) (March 2008) Filming "Criminal Minds" (2005) in California.

(October 2009) Filming Mother's Day (2010) with 'Jaime King' and 'Darren Bousman' in Canada.

A.J. Cook Filmography

No comments:

Post a Comment