Search This Blog

Saturday 4 September 2010

Kara DioGuardi Officially Exits American Idol

Following weeks of speculation, Kara DioGuardi has officially left American Idol.
Friends say the singer/songwriter expressed frustration with her status last month, as all signs pointed to Fox pushing her aside in favor of Stephen Tyler and/or Jennifer Lopez, but no announcement had been made. Until now.
Former Judge
In a statement, DioGuardi showed gratitude for the two years she spent as a judge.
"I felt like I won the lottery when I joined 'American Idol' two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave 'Idol,'" she said. "I am very proud to have been associated with 'American Idol' - it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to FOX, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!"
Lopez is reportedly near a deal to join the show, while sources confirm Tyler is already signed.
Will you miss Kara as a judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment